Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Unemployment.

For those of you who are used to seeing me everyday at the office, you can read what I'm doing on my blog, now that I'm unemployed.

Monday, November 2nd
I got up around 7 a.m., which is when Doug gets up. I used to get up around 5:45 every morning so it was nice to sleep in.

Made a list of things to accomplish this week. I tackled the first item on my list: Apply for unemployment. Looked around online for jobs and found a couple of interesting ones to apply for. Also found a neat flower shop boutique advertising for handmade goods. I called the contact person and she is going to look at our website and get back to me.

I worked on a freelance project that I'm doing for a friend, which consists of designing a logo. I got stuck on that and am having a difficult time getting exactly what I want.

I paid the rent.

I paid the water bill.

I made a couple of appointments with friends.

Called Moxie to push my hair appointment back, in case I can't afford it.

Canceled our membership at the YMCA.

Did a little supply shopping for Heads Twogether.

Tidied up the apartment.

And lastly went to Maren's to watch Heroes. Which was a very not-so-great episode. Ugh.

Hopefully today will be more fulfilling. I'm going to make some sugar cookies and start on a new blog banner.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like my first day, too! Minus the unemployment...boo!

What am I going to do without your weekly Heroes recaps?

Yay for making cookies and getting together tomorrow! :)

Kate said...

I think I like this unemployment thing - I like updated blogs :) Nice new blog banner!