Monday, May 16, 2011

Squats, Push-ups, Tricep Dips and Crunches.

Well, folks. My fitness routine has not been going so great. I've attempted quite a few workout videos which have trickled off into doing nothing. I however did get a new pair of Merrell running shoes from the Baluczynski family for my birthday. I've taken those out a handful of times for walk/runs, but the weather just hasn't been great.

I've got yet another fitness routine to attempt, but I'm determined to keep this one up. It all started when Maren told me about her 100-push-up program. It is a program that helps you work your way up to being able to do 100 push-ups. I took a look at the website and realized it was something I could do, too. They also have programs for 200 stomach crunches, 200 squats and 150 tricep dips. I decided to give it a go.

In order to pick which level program you can handle, you do an intial test of how many of each you can do in a row. At 141 pounds my results are:
– 12 push-ups (girl style on knees)
– 25 stomach crunches
– 25 tricep dips
– 100 squats

My fitness reflects the type of exercise I've done my entire life: running. My goal is to get some muscle on the arms and get rid of my paunch. The program is 6 weeks, I'll keep you updated.

To see the website, click here.

No comments: