Wednesday, July 23, 2008

HAND WRITTEN LETTERS


It's been a bit too long since I last blogged, so here it goes. I've been thinking a lot lately about friends and my relationships with them. I'm honestly blessed to have such a wonderful group of amazing friends. I wish I had more time to spend with each one, but there really isn't enough time to do that, between working, eating, sleeping, etc.

This year I've been seeing my relatives more than in the past, which is really nice and something I've been hoping for awhile. I've also met some really great new friends this year.

I guess I would like to be more intentional in how I spend my time, I'd like to see and talk to friends more often. Facebook just doesn't cut it. I'm going to start writing hand written letters again, too. Seriously, I've had some of the best, deepest, most encouraging relationships through letters & notes. (I think I have about 300 from Katie!)

So, here's to Hand Written Letters & Friendships!

3 comments:

Kate said...

two things...if only all i had to worry about is what #81 wore today, i would write more letters too. Second, the person who sent you that letter has nice handwriting. I guess I have one more thing... My name is Kate;)

Dena said...

Your name wasn't Kate when you wrote me all those notes ;)

Diane Baluczynski said...

Yes, there is no substitute for a real letter. Even though Jeanne and I now correspond by email, it just isn't as personal as a letter in a person's own handwriting. Most of the history we have came from primary documents like journals or letters that people saved.