Monday, April 21, 2008

"Oh, well Reese Roper is my son."


This past weekend was spent at STMLC (Short-Term Mission Leaders Conference). STEM Int'l, the non-profit I work for, puts together and hosts this conference every year. We fly in really great speakers for our sessions and workshops. This year, one of my tasks was to pick up one of the workshop leaders from the airport. I am generally nervous about these types of things, because I'm not that great at talking to people I don't know. More specifically, I have a difficult time thinking of questions to ask to get the conversation flowing.

I knew a couple things about this woman, Ruth. One, that she was flying in from Denver. So once her bags were safely in my trunk, we zipped out of the airport and got to chatting. I asked her if she had any family in Denver, and she said yes. She asked me if I had heard of the band Five Iron Frenzy. I immediately replied "Yes! I went to the final show in Denver back in 2003!". Ruth replied "Oh, well Reese Roper is my son."

I didn't expect to hear that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Diane Baluczynski said...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the significance of the photo??

Dena said...

Reese Roper was the lead singer of Five Iron Frenzy until they broke up in 2003. He is pictured with the rest of the band in the photo. Come on, mom!

Reese is currently in Brave Saint Saturn, and Roper.

Molly said...

Oh how funny! :)